Lead Occupational Therapist
Take a Seat People
Job Title: Clinical Lead in Occupational Therapy (OT)
We are actively recruiting a Lead OT to join a fantastic MDT at a Neurological Rehab Service based in Leamington Spa.
We are seeking a dedicated Clinical Lead in Occupational Therapy (OT) to join a fantastic Neurological Rehabilitation Service.
In this role, you will take on a pivotal position, providing highly specialised Occupational Therapy services to residents with neurological conditions and brain injuries.
As the Clinical Lead in OT, you will not only deliver exemplary care but also serve as a role model for clinical and professional leadership, ensuring that we maintain the highest standards of evidence-based practice for all our residents.
- Collaborate closely with the Therapy Manager to plan, develop, and evaluate the Occupational Therapy service within the multidisciplinary team.
- Play an active role in the professional development of staff members and juniors, fostering a culture of continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Provide clinical supervision and appraisals to Occupational Therapists, ensuring that all Therapy Assistants receive the necessary guidance and evaluations.
- Offer leadership to Activities Coordinators, ensuring that Companions are effectively utilised and scheduled.
- Assume professional and legal responsibility for all aspects of your work, encompassing clinical, managerial, and professional duties.
- Assist the Therapy Manager in staff recruitment and support the development of current staff members within the service.
- Lead the Occupational Therapy team in managing day-to-day service operations, including handling annual leave and staff absence to ensure the safety and efficiency of our service.
- Collaborate with the Psychology department to assess capacity in various clinical and non-clinical settings.
- Prioritise and delegate caseloads to other Occupational Therapists based on their experience and provide support in complex situations.
- Develop working guidelines and protocols with the Therapy Lead in accordance with national and company policies.
- Contribute to the development of policies and protocols as part of a team, ensuring safe and effective practices.
- Identify and implement evidence-based outcome measures appropriate for the residents.
- Conduct clinical audits to maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of our service.
- Provide education to the multidisciplinary team, fostering best practices across all disciplines.
- Prioritise workloads by demonstrating a deep understanding of clinical needs and risks to individuals to meet the psychological, social, and physical needs of our residents.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with residents, family members, carers, and members of the clinical team and therapy services.
- Effectively convey complex information to residents and family members regarding occupational therapy interventions.
- Support residents with discharge to their homes and maintain effective communication with external agencies to ensure a seamless process.
- Maintain high standards of documentation and clinical record-keeping while also monitoring the performance of others.
- Health Shield care plan
- Internal and External CPD
- Salary – £47,000
If you are passionate about making a meaningful impact in the lives of individuals with neurological conditions and brain injuries and are committed to delivering excellence in Occupational Therapy, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.