Take a Seat People
£55,000 – £60,000 per annum plus benefits (depending on experience).
Are you a highly motivated ADHD Specialist looking for flexibility with working hours, a better work life balance, generous pay and the opportunity to progress in your nursing career? If you value empowerment and trust in your role and would enjoy working in a remote working in a virtual business, then please read on as this could be the job for you!
We believe everyone has the right to quality mental healthcare. We are a clinician-led, CQC-regulated, online mental health care provider, working with an expert community of talk therapists and psychiatrists to broaden access to the highest quality health care for people across the UK.
Our Neurodevelopmental (ND) assessments for adults and children, are based on up-to-date evidence, NICE standards and guidance, and our hand-picked practitioners conduct robust ADHD and ASD assessments over a private, highly secure video service.
Many of our existing team have worked as ND clinical leads in NHS Hospitals and private practices amassing significant experience in both developing digital protocols and carrying out remote assessment, diagnosis, and post-diagnosis support. We provide full support, including digital booking, reception services and form collection/collation, a robust clinical record system and we will work flexibly around clients’ schedules where possible.
We are expanding quickly and are looking for skilled professionals who can help us innovate in the rapidly growing field of tele-health.
The role involves undertaking ADHD assessments for adults and young people, making diagnoses, providing medication treatment and reviews where indicated, and psycho-social ADHD interventions (groups for people diagnosed with ADHD or their parents). There is also an expectation to advise and support colleagues; and to ensure the high-quality delivery of our ADHD pathways, leading to positive outcomes for the client.
The post holder will work very closely with the Consultant Psychiatrist as well as other members of the multi- disciplinary team (MDT). The post is managed within the Neurodevelopmental Service.
• Assess adults and young people for ADHD, considering differential and/or co-occurring conditions to make diagnostic decisions.
• Use clinical judgement and experience to make treatment decisions using highly developed skills and knowledge regarding management of adults and young people with ADHD.
• Exercise autonomous professional responsibility for diagnostic decision making within competence, with supervision from Team Leads.
• Following national guidance and the policies, use independent prescribing skills and knowledge to complete health assessments, initiate medication and titrate dosage.
• Formulate and implement plans for the treatment and medication management of clients using NICE guidance in line with national/local formularies.
• Ensure that the client’s interests are fully considered within the context of their treatment plan, ensuring that all parties actively participate in ethical, shared decision making, utilising a multidisciplinary team approach.
• Provide regular medication reviews for adults and children for whom you have prescribed medication for ADHD. Work as the care coordinator for each client working towards getting them into shared care and referred on to their local NHS service for routine annual reviews.
• Ensure physical observations of patients as part of their medication review have been received in advance of appointments (height, weight, blood pressure and pulse).
• Complete risk assessments and review safeguarding needs alongside treatment strategies during ongoing patient care.
Ensure accurate and timely client records are kept on the clinical platform. Reports should be written professionally and completed within expected timeframes.
• Make recommendations on any additional assessments or interventions required (as appropriate) to the client within the report.
• Work closely with senior leadership team on the further development of the ADHD pathways.
• Provide consultation and training to other members of staff to develop skills in this area of expertise.
• Maintain registration with the appropriate governing body (NMC/GMC/HCPC).
• Access regular clinical supervision, management supervision, NMP supervision and multi-disciplinary team meetings/case discussions.
Experience & Skills Required
• Current NMC/GMC or HCPC registration with no restrictions on practise.
• Registered nurse, allied health professional or medical practitioner with experience of assessing and diagnosing ADHD.
• Independent Non-Medical Prescribing (V300) qualification not essential but desired
• Relevant experience of ADHD treatment and medication management in a specialist ADHD service.
• Relevant experience of carrying out remote assessments.
• Ability to work autonomously and effectively manage own caseload.
• Good knowledge of legislation, research and developments relevant to the field of ADHD.
Remote working – using our secure, end to end encrypted, NHS approved video conferencing
platform. You will be joining the ever growing and dynamic community of Mental Health
professionals within the platform.
We provide support to grow and develop skills in the workplace.
Continued Professional Development (CPD) ensures our clients receive the very best, high quality care. You will continue to learn, develop, and work within your scope of practice, in accordance with the NMC guidance. You will have access to excellent training opportunities, support with revalidation and we offer additional CPD training.
Annual Leave: 30 days (+ public holidays).
Health and insurance plan.
Potential eligibility in the employee company equity scheme.
Hardware and software and equipment is provided.
We are building a culture of inclusion and strengths, rather than focusing on a client’s deficits. We are genuinely making a difference to people’s lives by enabling them to get access to high quality, timely, mental healthcare and ND assessments and treatment.