Speech and Language Therapist
Take a Seat People
About the Company:
This company specialises in Speech and Language Therapy, operating in a close-knit team providing Speech & Language Therapy services within schools and communities for children and young individuals with various speech, language, and communication needs.
As a company, their focus is to make a genuine difference to the lives of patients. Taking this into account they are flexible, not target driven and are instead, clinical outcome focused. Employees do not have a minimum number of clinical contacts and no two days are the same! They consist of an innovative small team who all have an evidence-based attitude.
Their services include:
- Assessing speech, language, and communication skills.
- Developing strategies to facilitate effective and confident communication.
- Offering training for educators, parents/caregivers, colleagues, and friends to ensure ongoing support and growth for individuals facing speech and language communication challenges.
- Collaborating closely within the home environment, working directly with families to create and implement speech & language therapy strategies.
- Establishing close partnerships with diverse schools and educational services, employing a child-centred customised approach.
This company are seeking an individual capable of delivering speech and language assessments, support, and interventions for a caseload of children and young people with Speech, Language, and Communication Needs (SLCN) and other diagnoses, such as Autism, in school settings and the community.
This role involves close collaboration with teachers, teaching assistants, parents, and other agencies/services, and the ability to make independent clinical decisions when necessary.
As a Band 5 or 6 speech and language therapist, you will receive team support and serve as a valuable resource and advisor on the support and management of pupils with SLCN.
This company provide extensive support to work closely with SENDCOs and teachers to actively promote the company’s policy of positive outcomes for children with SLCN. They will also assist you in completing your RCSLT competencies framework if needed, and you will receive regular support, supervision, and guidance in your clinical practice.
What They Are Looking For:
In addition to the essential qualifications and experience, this company are seeking someone with genuine passion for Speech & Language Therapy, a deep commitment to their work, and the individuals they work with. Strong communication skills are ideal, and the desire to make a meaningful difference in all aspects of your work is essential.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Delivering dynamic and engaging speech and language therapy interventions for pupils with SLCN.
- Assessing children’s speech and language needs and producing reports to share with parents and school teams.
- Providing training to parents and school staff on various topics (with support from a band 7 therapist when necessary).
- Collaborating with school Inclusion Teams to ensure positive outcomes for pupils with SLCN.
- Continuously reviewing each individual pupil’s speech and language progress and overall provision, regularly reporting to the Company Director.
- Working closely with teachers and teaching assistants in curriculum planning, target setting, and resource development.
- Offering advice, support, and modeling for parents, caregivers, and family members, tailored to the individual child and informed by a comprehensive understanding of language development and difficulties.
This company values a friendly and progressive work environment, fostering strong relationships and a sense of fun while working collaboratively. They trust and encourage creativity in therapy.
In addition to competitive compensation packages, they invest in the development and training of the employees, covering the costs to ensure continuous learning and growth.
They also recognise the importance of work-life balance and offer more holidays than the NHS. Your regular working hours align with school hours (8:30 am – 4:30 pm, 39 weeks/year), with an additional 25 flexible days during school holidays.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Speech and Language therapist to develop their skills in a dynamic, forward-thinking team.
To apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org