Take a Seat People
Occupational Therapist – Housing & Manual Handling (Full-Time)
An innovative private housing occupational therapy company dedicated to enhancing the lives of individuals with chronic medical conditions and disabilities. Specialise in designing and adapting homes to improve independence and safety for clients. Working in collaboration with local authority adaptations teams, providing major and minor adaptations and specialised equipment for individuals of all ages, including those with catastrophic injuries.
If you are passionate about making a difference and seeking a rewarding career in housing-focused occupational therapy, apply now!
Role: Occupational Therapist – Housing & Manual Handling
Location: Cambridge, with occasional travel to the office in Saffron Walden.
Salary: £38,000 – £44,000 per annum (depending on experience)
As an Occupational Therapist, you will play a crucial role in assessing the housing needs of adults and children with disabilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting thorough occupational therapist assessments to identify client needs and challenges related to housing and manual handling.
- Collaborating with the local authority Adaptation Team and Equipment Services to provide tailored solutions for our clients’ housing requirements.
- Identifying potential risks in the home environment and devising effective strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Documenting your assessments and recommendations accurately, including writing case notes, reports, and specifications.
- Working primarily with adults, including older individuals and wheelchair users, to enhance their living conditions and independence.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Registered with HCPC
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to conduct thorough assessments and problem-solving.
- Commitment to continuous professional development and self-motivated to excel both independently and as part of a team.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Hybrid home and office base with regular travel to Southend-on-Sea.
- Opportunities for professional development and external training.
- Supportive team environment with positive peer support.
- Contribution to making a real difference in people’s lives.
Work to create positive and impactful changes in the lives of the clients. If you are an enthusiastic and talented Occupational Therapist with a passion for housing and manual handling, we encourage you to apply!